In the following we inform you about the collection of personal data when using this website. Personal data are all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail address, user behaviour.
1. name and contact details of the person responsible for processing
Responsible in the company “Be what you are” is
Name: Jana Nuyken
Address: Stenderhof 5, 46569 Hünxe
Tel: 015779777164 / e-mail: email@example.com
In our federal state is in all data protection matters contact person:
Name/authority: State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information NRW
Address: Kavalleriestraße 2-4, 40213 Düsseldorf
Tel: 0211/3842-0 / Fax 0211/38424-10 / E-mail: poststelle@Idi.nrw.de
2. collection and storage of personal data as well as type and purpose of their use
a) When visiting the website
When you access our website bewhatyouare.life, information is automatically sent to the server of our website by the browser used on your device. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is collected without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted:
– IP address of the requesting computer,
– Date and time of access,
– Name and URL of the retrieved file,
– Website from which the access takes place (referrer URL),
– the browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer and the name of your access provider.
The above-mentioned data will be processed by us for the following purposes:
– To ensure a smooth connection of the website,
– Guarantee a comfortable use of our website,
– Evaluation of system security and stability as well as for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter f DS-GVO. Our legitimate interest follows from the above-mentioned purposes for data collection. Under no circumstances will we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person.
b) Establishing contact
When contacting us by e-mail / contact form, the data you provide us with will be stored by us to answer your questions. We delete the data arising in this connection after storage is no longer necessary or restrict processing if legal retention periods apply.
c) When registering for our newsletter
Provided that you have given your consent in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter a DS-GVO, we will use your e-mail address to send you our general information on a regular basis. To receive the information, it is sufficient to provide an e-mail address.
It is possible to unsubscribe at any time. You can send your cancellation request to bewhatyouare.life by e-mail. Cancellation is also possible by mail (Jana Nuyken, Stenderhof 5, 46569 Hünxe) or by telephone (015779777164).
3. disclosure of data
Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties for any other purposes than those listed below.
We only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
– you have given your express consent in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a DS-GVO,
– the disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 letter f DS-GVO is necessary for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in not disclosing your data,
– in the event that there is a legal obligation to pass on the information in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c DS-GVO, and
– this is legally permissible and, in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. b DS-GVO, necessary for the processing of contractual relationships with you.
Information is stored in the cookie that is related to the specific terminal device used. This does not mean, however, that we obtain direct knowledge of your identity.
In addition, we also use temporary cookies to optimise user-friendliness, which are stored on your end device for a certain fixed period of time. If you visit our site again to make use of our services, it will be automatically recognized that you have already been with us and which entries and settings you have made so that you do not have to enter them again.
The data processed by cookies is required for the purposes mentioned above to protect our legitimate interests and those of third parties in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f DS- GVO.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or so that a message always appears before a new cookie is created. The complete deactivation of cookies can, however, mean that you cannot use all functions of our website.
5. google maps
On this website we use the offer of Google Maps. This allows us to display interactive maps directly on the website and enables you to use the map function conveniently.
By visiting the website, Google receives the information that you have called up the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under no. 2. a) of this declaration is transmitted. This is done regardless of whether Google provides a user account through which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in at Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. If you don’t want the assignment with your profile at Google, you have to log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as user profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact Google to exercise this right.
6. google analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, if IP anonymisation is activated on this website, your IP address will first be shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or in other signatory states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on the website activities and to provide further services to the website operator in connection with the use of the website and the internet.
The IP address transmitted by your browser within the framework of Google Analytics is not combined with other data from Google.
This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. This enables IP addresses to be further processed in a shortened form, thus excluding the possibility of personal references. As far as the data collected about you is related to a person, this is immediately excluded and the personal data is immediately deleted.
We use Google Analytics to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. We can use the statistics obtained to improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has subjected itself to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DS-GVO.
Third party information: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. user conditions: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html, overview of data protection: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html, and the data protection declaration: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
7. social media
a. Use of social media plug-ins:
We currently use the following social media plug-ins: Facebook & Instagram. We use the so-called two-click solution. This means that when you visit our site, no personal data is initially passed on to the providers of the plug-ins. You can recognize the provider of the plugin by the initial letter or logo on the box. We give you the opportunity to communicate directly with the provider of the plug-in via the button. Only if you click on the marked box and thereby activate it, the plug-in provider will receive the information that you have accessed the corresponding website of our online offer. In addition, the data mentioned under § 3 of this declaration is transmitted. In the case of Facebook and Xing, according to the respective providers in Germany, the IP address is anonymized immediately after it is collected. By activating the plug-in, your personal data is transmitted to the respective plug-in provider and stored there (with US providers in the USA). Since the plug-in provider collects data in particular via cookies, we recommend that you delete all cookies via your browser’s security settings before clicking on the grey box.
We have no influence on the collected data and data processing procedures, nor are we aware of the full extent of the data collection, the purposes of processing, the storage periods. We also have no information about the deletion of the collected data by the plug-in provider.
The plug-in provider stores the data collected about you as user profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the design of its website to meet requirements. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (also for users who are not logged in) for the purpose of presenting need-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact the respective plug-in provider in order to exercise this right. Via the plug-ins we offer you the possibility to interact with the social networks and other users, so that we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of the plug-ins is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DS-GVO.
The data is passed on regardless of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and are logged in there. If you are logged in with the plug-in provider, the data we collect from you will be directly assigned to your existing account with the plug-in provider. If you click on the activated button and, for example, link the page, the plug-in provider will also save this information in your user account and publicly share it with your contacts. We recommend that you log out regularly after using a social network, but especially before activating the button, as you can then avoid being assigned to your profile with the plug-in provider.
Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider can be found in the data protection declarations of these providers, which are provided below. There you will also find further information on your rights and settings options for the protection of your privacy.
Addresses of the respective plug-in providers and URL with their data protection information:
– [Facebook Inc, 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; further information on data collection: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applications and http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo. Facebook has subjected itself to the EU-US privacy shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
b. Integration of YouTube videos
We have integrated YouTube videos into our online offer, which are stored at http://www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website. These are all integrated in “extended data protection mode”, i.e. no data about you as a user is transferred to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos will the data mentioned in paragraph 2 be transferred. We have no influence on this data transfer.
By visiting the website, YouTube receives the information that you have called up the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under no. 3 of this declaration will be transmitted. This happens regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account through which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in at Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. If you don’t want the assignment to your profile on YouTube, you have to log out before activating the button. YouTube saves your data as user profiles and uses them for the purpose of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) for the purpose of providing need-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have a right of objection to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact YouTube to exercise this right.
also processes your personal data in the USA and has signed up to the EU Data Protection Act
8. rights of data subjects
You have the following rights:
– to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 DS-GVO. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to correction, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if it has not been collected by us, as well as the existence of an automated decision making process including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information about its details;
– in accordance with Art. 16 DS-GVO, to immediately request the correction of incorrect or complete personal data stored by us;
– pursuant to Art. 17 DS-GVO, to demand the deletion of your personal data stored with us, unless processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
– pursuant to Art. 18 DS-GVO, to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you refuse to delete it and we no longer require the data, but you require it for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have lodged an objection to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 DS-GVO;
– in accordance with Art. 20 DS-GVO, to receive your personal data that you have made available to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that it be transferred to another responsible party;
– in accordance with Art. 7 Para. 3 DS-GVO, to revoke your consent to us at any time. As a result, we may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent in the future and
– to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 DS-GVO As a rule, you can turn to the supervisory authority at your usual place of residence or workplace or at the location of our practice.
9. right of objection
If your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with Article 6 Paragraph 1 S. 1 letter f of the DS-GVO, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in accordance with Article 21 DS-GVO if there are reasons for doing so arising from your particular situation or if the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which will be implemented by us without indicating a particular situation.
If you wish to exercise your right of revocation or objection, simply send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The revocation or objection is also possible by letter post, fax or telephone.
10. data security
We use suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or deliberate manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
11th topicality and amendment of this data protection declaration